1. K-State home
  2. »Research and Extension
  3. »Reno
  4. »Crops and Livestock
  5. »Pesticide Applicators

Reno County

Pesticide Applicators License - Private or Commercial

By educating, training, and testing people who apply certain pesticides, consumers can be assured that the person applying pesticides to their crops, lawn, home or workplace is knowledgeable and qualified. To qualify for certification, a private or commercial pesticide applicator must show adequate knowledge of the type of pesticide application that he or she intends to perform.

The Kansas Department of Agriculture certifies private and commercial pesticide applicators, issues licenses to pesticide businesses, and registers pest control technicians, dealers and government agencies who use pesticides. Pesticide manufacturers are also required to register their products with the KDA before they can be sold in Kansas.

We have study manuals and testing details available here at the Extension Office. A list of testing dates and locations is available for the Commercial Applicator test, and the Private Applicator test may be taken here at the Extension Office. Contact us for more information.

crop sprayer