Adult Development and Aging
K-State Research and Extension partners with the Department of Aging and Disability Services to bring free, confidential, unbiased assistance to Medicare beneficiaries and their families. If you need help with Medicare issues, long-term care, or other health insurance subjects, contact our office at 620-662-2371.
Long-Term Care Resources
- Genworth Cost of Long-Term Care Across the Nation - Information on homoe care, adult day care, assisted living facilities, and nursing home costs by state. Information is updated annually.
- Long-Term Care Insurance and Shopper's Guide - Published by the Kansas Insurance Department, this publication provides information on designing a long-term care policy, cost comparisons, and shopping tips.
- K-State's Center on Aging - A resource for individuals and communities across the state. The Center on Aging coordinates and develops educational and training programs in aging, stimulates aging research, coordinates outreach activities, and serves as a referral center for information on aging resources in Kansas.
- K-State Research & Extension's Adult Development & Aging Site - News, programs, and videos covering topics such as memory, finance, home modification, and more.
- Kansas Department for Aging & Disability Services (KDADS)
- Advance Directives
- Living Wills
- DNR - Do Not Resuscitate
- Fall Prevention